Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Reinventing the 50's Housewife


I had so much fun this weekend sitting out in the sunshine with my hottie face mask, jeans, and an old shirt and painting until well after dark.  To add to my standard uniform, I have a couple of wonderful kitchen aprons that I wear.  I'll take some pictures this weekend.

I've decided that I'm a fun millennium twist on the 50s housewife.  Instead of cooking bundt cakes and preparing pot roast, I am painting vintage dressers, refitting hardware, and wielding a random orbit sander.  And... Don't forget that instead of mixing up homemade cake batter, I'm mixing up unique and lovely paint colors.  How fun it that!

Below is my version of a bundt cake.  Check out the icing!

~Thanks for coming along for the ride.  We continue to have amazing weather, so the top is still down.  I’m thinking a chai latte is in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.