Monday, February 20, 2012

Reinvent It For Yourself

I love the concept of reinventing and making something old seem new again. This quote from Mike Watt really captures the essence of Reinventing Mimi B:
The only thing new is finding out about something. Like nothing's really new, but you reinvent it for yourself and find your inner voice. - Mike Watt
As I'm out hunting for a new piece of furniture, I'm able to reinvent it for myself and for others.  I'm not always the only one with an inner voice.  More often than not, I really connect with the piece of furniture and it dictates what I should do.

Last week, I was painting an incredible chair that I found at an estate sale.  I originally decided to go for a light grey, so I mixed Annie Sloan's (AS) Paris Grey and Antique White.  I literally painted the entire bottom of the chair when I realized that the chair wanted to be a stronger grey.  I ended up stripping the whole bottom of the chair which turned into a long process because of all the nooks and crannies.  I've now primed it with a bright white and will be repainting it AS's Paris Grey.  What can I say?  If a chair that's been around as long as this one has talks to you, you listen!

I used to laugh a bit when I read posts where people were waxing poetic about their cameras.  Well, now those same people can laugh at me.  I take pictures with my Canon ELPH Powershot Camera, and you can really tell!  Regardless, I'll post some pictures of my current projects in the next day or so.

~Thanks for coming along for the ride. We've got the top down today, so be sure to wear something warm.

1 comment:

  1. Yep! Gotta listen to what a piece tells you it wants to look like. Otherwise, it rebels! lol

    Welcome to Blogland!

    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.